Toronto native demi-soloist Sahra Maira has been dancing with Les Grands Ballets for 8 seasons! Here she gives us a peek at all the essentials products in her ballerina bag.
(From top, left to right)
- Skin colour Pointe shoes, Grishko Elite size 3 1/2 XX - I like to wear really soft Pointe shoes for class to work through my feet and to feel grounded.
- Theraband for exercises.
- Soft shoes for barre and jumps.
- Lakota muscle cream, for my many aches and pains.
- Large massage ball for IT band massaging.
- Ear phones.
- Self-adhesive toe tape.
- Shoe scraper. Since we can't use rosin on our shoes, I scrape the bottom to give some traction to the shoe in case I find the floor slippery!
- Gum, because banana and coffee breath are not so nice.
- Hair pins for bun making.
- Foot roller to massage my arches and stretch my calves.
- Water bottle for hydration.
- Sewing kit, equipped with extra toe spacers, pen and kinesio tape.
- Pink pointe shoes that I am molding to my feet. I like to break in my pointe shoes during barre.
- Small massage ball to roll out smaller muscles and the balls of my feet.